Resources for Relocating Seniors
The team at A Changing Season can assist with senior relocation to the following residences in Denton, Dallas and Ft. Worth:
- 55 + Communities – Restricted communities for residents over 55 years of age. Many of these properties offer an option to lease or own and often include a clubhouse and upscale living amenities.
- Independent Living Retirement Communities – Similar to apartment living, independent living facilities provide residences with diverse amenities and social activities such as cultural and educational events.
- Assisted Living Communities – For residents with limited abilities, these communities provide personalized care through bathing, grooming, dressing and feeding services in both private and semi-private rooms.
- Residential Care Homes – Similar to a residential community, these individual homes offer private rooms with a shared common area. Meals and general housekeeping are usually included. Nurses are available to provide medications and living services.
- Memory Care – Reserved for residents with Alzheimer’s or other memory related diseases, these communities provide specialized care, twenty-four hour supervision, meals and activities. Read more information on Alzheimer’s.
- Skilled Nursing – Often referred to as a nursing home, these communities are designed for seniors who are in need of twenty-four hour supervision and round the clock care. Many offer rehabilitation as well.
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities –These communities offer either independent or assisted care. Seniors can move between independent living, assisted living and nursing care as needed.
- Aging in Place – Aging at home allows seniors to remain at home with daily or weekly heath and housing services. Making home modifications such as installing easy access showers, open doorways and de-cluttering is a must.
- Hospice – By providing comfort and compassion to seniors with life limited illnesses, hospice brings dignity and emotional support to those in the last stages if life. Some hospice centers provide medical staff.
- Elder Law Attorneys – Specialists in wills, estate planning, and regulations regarding seniors.
- Document Shredding – It is critical to guard seniors from identity theft through destruction of old papers containing personal information.